After you go through a surgical procedure, you may experience discomfort, side effects, or potential complications. As a provider of home care in Georgia we provide post-surgical care to ensure that our patients are recovering properly and that any complications are detected and treated immediately.
Postoperative healthcare services usually entail any of the following:
- Monitoring of your vital signs including blood pressure, breathing, temperature, and pulse
- Checking for signs of bleeding or infection on your surgical site
- Looking out for potential allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Management of your medications including pain relievers, IV, injections, etc.
- Assistance with meals and daily activities
Recovery time may vary from one person to another. It is important to rest and have someone care for you to ensure a speedy recovery. While some physical activity is important if you have been given the go-ahead to move around, avoid overdoing things such as engaging in strenuous exercises and activities.
If you experience any fever, increased pain, bleeding, and other unexpected symptoms your doctor should immediately be contacted.
Are you in need of a home health aide in Metro Atlanta, GA to help you with your post-surgical recovery? We at Georgia Healthcare & Family Services, Inc. have professional caregivers who will help ensure your good health condition, and safety.